TPOMBA is a non-profit organization for parents of twins, triplets and more. Founded in 1973, we are one of the largest organizations of our kind in Canada and our goal is to offer support, education, friendship and a network of support to families dealing with the unique challenges and joys of raising multiples in the Greater Toronto Area.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Sharing experiences and building friendships to last a lifetime – our region-specific Parents of Multiples Groups (POMs Groups) host monthly meetings where parents of multiples get together in a range of Toronto neighbourhoods.
- Our members-only Facebook groups, where you can seek support and advice from other members. We also offer a buy and sell group (Trade Spot), which a great way to pick up all those little (and big) things you'll need to support your babies and beyond!
- Access to seminars and workshops created just for parents of multiples –Our Expectant Parents Nights (EPN) offer a wonderful sneak peak for new members into life with multiple babies. These sessions are held four times a year and are run by experienced parents. We discuss topics ranging from pre-maturity, feeding multiple babies, coping in the early weeks and months, equipment and how TPOMBA can help. We also host other multiples-specific information sessions (online and in person) throughout the year dealing with various other topics such as sleep, potty training, parenting multiples and more.
- The Bulletwin, an information-packed online blog which is updated regularly. Read member-contributed articles on the latest topics related to multiples and find out what is going on within the association.
- Purchasing and selling previously loved clothing and gear for less, from our semi-annual Twice-Loved Sale. Buy and sell gently used clothing and gear for babies and children at great prices.
- Social events! Our annual picnic in High Park is attended by many of our members making it the largest gathering of families of multiples in Toronto. Our Hallowe'en Party gives families a chance to get out and socialize in costume. Our growing number of Big Kids events lets families with older children have a chance for a fun day out.
- Resources and support – access to one on one support via our Facebook Mentorship program and our “warmlines" program, which is telephone support for breastfeeding, preemies, NICU patients, higher-order multiples, bed rest, stay-at-home dads, solo parents and families with special needs and more. Whatever your needs, we are sure we can connect you to the right resource and support that you will need. We also have a preemie clothing bank, for families that are in need of preemie sized clothing.
- Exclusive discounts at many Toronto businesses – as a member of TPOMBA, you can get discounts at participating businesses across the GTA.
- Free membership to Multiple Births Canada (MBC). As of 2020, TPOMBA is officially a Chapter of MBC!